Q: What are some good options and resources for training my puppy?
A: Training your puppy to be a good canine citizen is important to ensuring a successful relationship between you and your pup. There are a lot of great resources out here in the East Valley and training options. In the past we have worked with Lindsay (This Little Doggie Stayed Home) for some of our most challenging chases. She has a wealth of knowledge and can help set you up for success. Our rescue’s partnership with PetSmart also provides one free training session for puppy adopters when the adoption occurs at PetSmart. The puppy training courses at PetSmart are $119 for a 6 week course. For free resources that can be accessed at a moments notice, we also recommend subscribing to Zak Georges YouTube channel. Below you will find some great resources for training options!
This Little Doggie Stayed Home
Lindsay works diligently to teach both the dog and human a humane and effective way to communicate using tools (slip lead, prong collar and remote collars) as well as body language, praise and reinforcement for good behavior. She is passionate about helping those humans who are willing to make a lifestyle change for themselves and their dog and committed to helping their dog be the best they can be by creating a calm dynamic between them! She works with all breeds, ages and issues and have a special interest in fearful dogs.
Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution
- Cost: Free (YouTube subscription)
- Locations: Online training & resources
- Zak George is a celebrity dog trainer and YouTube star who has trained thousands of dogs throughout his career. His YouTube channel, Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution, is the number one destination for dog training content in the world, with more than ten million views annually. His first book, Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution, was published by Penguin Random House in 2016.
PetSmart Puppy Training
- $119 6 week course
- Our accredited pet trainers teach both group and private classes.
- We use positive reinforcement techniques to ensure learning is not only effective but also fun for both the pet and pet parent.
- We can help you start your new puppy off right by focusing on problem prevention or helping with unwanted behaviors that older pups and dogs may have already learned.
Petco Training – Puppy Level 1
For puppies 2 to 4 months old
Starting at $129
This 6-week introductory group class focuses on socialization and is designed to familiarize your puppy with basic behaviors and cues, and addresses puppy specifics such as potty training, chewing, teething, digging and more.
Introduction to Being a Dog Trainer Certification
This training course provides useful insights, tips and advice on the knowledge, skills and attributes that you need to start a career as a dog trainer. Dog trainers are always in demand and there are a range of specializations available to those interested. The course describes the career prospects, ethics and values while providing useful information on how to train dogs.
Leave a Reply